Monday, February 21, 2011

February 11, 2011

I didn't go to WISE class today because I had a meeting with my mentor Mr. Reising. We got alot accomplished during our meeting and he helped me make some goals, both long term and short term. We were able to contact a representative from the Holstein Association and found a phone number of the NJ Holstein Assoc. President, Bernie Beaty. I'm hoping that Bernie will know who the mystery man from the Ag. Dinner is because they're both from Hunterdon County and there are only so many dairy farmers in that county. On a side note, I was very excited to find the New Jersey Holstein Assoc. scholarshiop while we were searching for Bernie's contact info.

Mentor Meeting #1:
Goal-Study dairy nutrition and determine how to feed you're dairy cows so they grow to meet the dairy judging scorecard.

What to Look At:
-Dairy Judging Scorecard
-Added Expenses vs. Milk Produced (Is it worth it?)
-Various University's Dairy Science websites

Need to Do:
-Call Bernie
-Contact Sandy McCauley (NJ Holstein Assoc. Rep)

Next Week's Goal:
-Call Bernie to find out Ag. Dinner "mystery man"

No comments:

Post a Comment