Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 24, 2011

Mr. Reising and I had our second mentor meeting today. I printed the email I recieved back in December from Dr. Pat Hoffman, a professor at the University of Wisconsin. In the email Dr. Hoffman state that protein is often wasted and urinated out. Mr. Reising suggested that I talk to my dad and see if he recommends keeping an eye on my animals urine. We spent most of the period working on a equation to figure out how many pounds of soybean meal is needed for an 18% protein diet. I am going to keep working on the equation and try to figure out the proper amount before next week. My dad wants to grind feed for my heifers because buying it is too expensive so this will be beneficial to myself as well as other dairy farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment