Wednesday, February 23, 2011

February 22, 2011

We spent our class period in the computer lab again doing more research. I found an article published my the Virginia Cooperative Extension through Virginia Tech. The headline of the article read "Feeding Protein to Meet Dairy Cow Nutrient Requirements Can Result in Cheaper, Environmentally Friendly Rations" so I figured it would be a good article to take a look at. Mr. Reising suggested that in my project I incorporate the aspect of whether or not feeding the dairy animals this high protein feed is worth it and whether their production pays off. Just like the previous articles I've found however this one also has very confusing charts. I'm thinking it may be a good time to contact Mr. Hlubik's brother and see if I may be able to meet with him one day and he can help me read them. Maybe he'll even be able to help me develop a feed ration for my own heifers!

No comments:

Post a Comment