Monday, February 21, 2011

February 10, 2011

Today is my first day keeping a journal because yesterday I was giving my speech at the New Jersey State Agricultural Convention. At the dinner Tuesday night I met a man who happened to be involved in the dairy industry. He told me about how he was a judge at the World Dairy Expo in Madison, Wisconsin and how he had bred some previous Expo champions! Since I'm still not 100% sure exactly where I want to go with my project but I know I defintely want the dairy industry to be the focus I figured he would be a good contact.
Unforunately, he left immediately following the din ner and I was not able to catch his name. My dad and I both looked for him throughout the sessions yesterday but he was no where to be found. I was really bummed when I couldn't find him but my mentor, Mr. Reising's, idea is that we'll contact the state Ag. Board President and ask for his assistance in finding him. I think he'd be the perfect contact to have even after this project because my life goal is to one day judge the World Dairy Expo.

No comments:

Post a Comment