Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 9, 2011

Since interviewing people is part of what we are supposed to do with WISE I decided to construct some questions today. I need to visit one of the local dairy farmers this weekend and he is very supportive of what I'm doing with my project so I'm sure he'd be willing to answer some questions. I also want to email them to Bill Taylor, the man who works for Cedar Lane Farm, and get his point of view on the topic. I constructed the following questions:
1. How many cows do you milk?
2. What percentage of protein is in your feed?
3. Do you believe that the higher the percentage of protein, the better the growth rate will be?
4. What ingrediants do you add to your feed and how much of each ingredient?
5. Do you believe feeding cows higher percentages of protein pays off in their milk production?
6. What is your herd average for milk produced?
7. Do you show your cattle?
8. If yes, do you alter the cattle's diet to get them to grow or fill out for the shows?

No comments:

Post a Comment